IGNORED

Spot welding

Dude

I was wanting to know if it is worth it to spot weld the seams on my 240z if so is it worth it to do the whole car or just certain portions of the car? I want to use it for track racing and  every day driving , also I was about to spray the car with rubber undercoating and I want to spot weld before if it’s better to do so.  I know there are some pros on this forum they can give me the best advice 

If I were going to really push a Z on the track. There are a number of places I would reinforce. I would probably seem weld all of the front rails, shock towers and connections to the firewall. I would also weld in Bad dogs sway bar plates and maybe the frame supports. All of which should be done before under coatings. Also some things would have to be removed beforehand or you will have a fire. Ask me how I know...:facepalm:

A triangular front strut bar would also help keep the front from flexing

22 minutes ago, Patcon said:

If I were going to really push a Z on the track. There are a number of places I would reinforce. I would probably seem weld all of the front rails, shock towers and connections to the firewall. I would also weld in Bad dogs sway bar plates and maybe the frame supports. All of which should be done before under coatings. Also some things would have to be removed beforehand or you will have a fire. Ask me how I know...:facepalm:

Ok ?? I’m glad I asked and especially glad for the “fire” ? tip! Hope it wasn’t to crazy. I made a copy of your response so I can do some research because I’m not going to lie I don’t know where all of those spots are but I really appreciate you giving me a map! ???

57 minutes ago, Patcon said:

57 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Patcon  I had a question I looked up bad dog sway bar plates which I want to get now but the frame rails cost a little over $200 for the fight I think a little over $100 for the back but I saw them on zcardepot $89 my question to you is does “bad dog” make better frame rails replacements?  Or are they the same thing? 

I did not see a frame rail for a 240z on zcardepot. The one I found for was for the Datsun 510. Also the man that owns baddog developed these parts on the race track. They are high quality heavy weight parts but they may require some professional installation

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I did not see a frame rail for a 240z on zcardepot. The one I found for was for the Datsun 510. Also the man that owns baddog developed these parts on the race track. They are high quality heavy weight parts but they may require some professional installation

Well I trust someone that has used them and gives it a good word so I will save up my pennies to get my hands on them thanks for the info ???