IGNORED

floor carpet

Richard McDonel

Having let this restoration project drag on for far too many years, I find myself with stuff I don`t remember buying.  There are two things I need help in identifying:

First, taped to the driver-side floor mat was a package of funny little metal things - see photo - but how they attach to what, I don`t know.  I believe that this mat came from MSA, but they`re closed today, and I sense more wisdom on this forum than at their order desk.  Anyone?

Second,  I have a number of mats that would replace the vinyl over the shock towers, the transmission tunnel, and the front wall of the luggage compartment,  but none that fill the floor area in behind the seats of my '71, sr. #28726.  There are two, apparently a left  and a right, that have  curves that match the wheel well (see photo), but are way off the mark elsewhere.     

Hi Richard

Those are the female half of the snaps that snap the carpet to the firewall.
Hopefully the male halfs are in place on the firewall.
You need to fit the snaps to the carpet.

Turn the carpet in your picture 90 degrees and put it on the drivers side.

Richard: Steve beat me to it, you can see the male snaps in the bottom two corners of the firewall cover in this photo.The sharp pointed rings push through the carpet from the pile side and then through the slots on the snaps. Then they are bent over to hold the snaps in place. As Steve said the carpet is for the drivers side the "tongue" fits between the seat mounts.
Dan

IMGP1214.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hi,  I am also looking for carpet snaps.  Has anyone found a source for the barbed ring and triangle female snap?  Looks like I can get them out of the UK but was hoping for something closer.

I am also looking for one, just one of the original male snaps….I can get the backing and bolts easily enough.  If anyone has one, please let me know.

Thanks

3BDA5E8C-D40F-441E-8F56-2A4BB37D16C9.jpeg