Series II 240Z Factory Electric Fuel Pump - V3 Modification Program - Page 2 - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Series II 240Z Factory Electric Fuel Pump - V3 Modification Program

Featured Replies

I vote with the group that says the electric pump ran when the engine ran. Before I removed the flat top carbs and the electric fuel pump, I could hear the pump running whenever I was stopped with the engine idling.

I'm in that group too Pat.  I guess quite obviously since I've been running with the electric pump only since 1979.  Those relays do the exact opposite of what was described, they make sure the elec pump is not running in event the engine stops, like in an accident.  Turning on start key enables the pump again.

Has anyone seen a Z with the "competition hood vent".  Actually, that became standard in the zx.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.