IGNORED

1979 280zx stalling under load. Changed fuel filter, had it liked at by auto shop. Appreciate your imput. Tks

max280zx1979

check your fuel pressure regulator.  This is a very common problem.  mine would fail after coming down off a fwy cruising, then I go to take off at a traffic light and it would stall.  I was able to confirm it was the regulator because it failed in my driveway once, I got out and felt the fuel line and it was very soft compared to normal.

53 minutes ago, max280zx1979 said:

Appreciate your imput. Tks

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

Somebody on the forum probably has a solution but you'll need to provide better information.  Does it die completely or just hesitate when it "stalls"?  How much load?  What did the shop say when they looked at it?  Did they change the filter or did you?  Did it run well before or is the car new to you?

Not really enough to go on.  Checking fuel pressure is always a good idea though.

From one of the other threads -

"Stalling under load. First thing we chsnged the fuel ilter. Put low octain gas in it. Had it checked out, fuel and air pressure ok. Has new plugs an wires. Any suggestions ? We thinking fuel injection sincere issues? Any imput or knowledge of same problem is greatly appreciated. Tks"

Just because you checked the fuel pressure and it was ok doesn't mean that the regulator is good.  The problem with the regulator is that the failure is intermittent so if you check fuel pressure when its running fine then its going to show its ok.  This could be one of those times where its best to just replace it if you don't have a chance to check it when its actually failing.  In my case when it  stalled  I was usually able to restart almost immediately but it slowly got worse until I was able to catch it failing.