Basic S30 wiring diagram question - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Basic S30 wiring diagram question

Featured Replies

What are the letters on the wiring diagram. As in pic. On top of wiper motor. Or where can I find out ? Thank you.

100_0587.JPG

I don't know.what year model you have, but it's mentioned in the 72 manual in the body electrical section. The other manuals should have it too.

The letters come from the original diagram from the body electrical section of the manual. The section about the wiper motor has the letters, misses the (E) for earth which is the black wire

Here are some screen shots from the 72 manual. See second screen shot for the letters.

 

20180708_080638.png

Screenshot_20180708-081025.jpg

20180708_081211.png

Edited by EuroDat
Tablet Tipo

I am thinking more along the lines of "E" earth / "P" park / "F" fast

Don't know what the others are right off the top of my head...

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I am thinking more along the lines of "E" earth / "P" park / "F" fast

Don't know what the others are right off the top of my head...

That sounds logical, until I read the 72 and 73 manuals and diagrams??? The A-F-P becomes L-M-H.

Anyway, it's not labeled on any of the cable plugs I have seen. Could be lettering in the motor?

 

 

ColorWiring240Z-1971-USA-Late.pdf

ColorWiring240Z-1972-USA.pdf

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.