IGNORED

badges or badgeless???

toecutter

George:

No worries! Just don't do it again.

As far as the Z is concerned, it's a pretty impressive animal on it's own. When they ask, tell them "It's Rare, so rare that only the people who truly love it know what they are." That should do it.

Later....

Originally posted by toecutter

thanx jeff. I've decided to add the early model badges and respray the rear panel, (where the lights are), the original dark grey seeing the silver looks a little tacky up against the red.

I was thinking painting my car black, and considering getting those pannels chromed. Wonder what it would look like.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you should put the badges back on.

I really like the lower fender ones that read D A T S U N

I also like the bonnet one that says Datsun.

Problem is old badges look tacky but new badges look stunning.

It's your call but I think when I get a chance I'll get a new set for my Z. Jazz her up a bit :love: besides we don't want to get anyone thinking she's a old Ferrari :finger: .

Z is better anyway LOL .

for me unless its all orginal go badgeless looks better as far as im concerned and people always ask what is it when i take mine out happy to tell them its a datsun 240z with nissan v8 that always gets them talking.

Mick

its out of a nissan president early 70 i believe theres two versions Y40 which is 4 litre and y44 4.4 litre there cast block alloy heads according to old file friend found the 4 litre was good for 206 hp in standard trim 4 bolt main 4 barrel holly style carby and mainifold dizzy look like a rover copy in some ways later versions came with fuel injection guy i know has one in a E20 van

Pick them up from jap imports with auto about $1500 aussie paseos have modified the bell housing on mine to take Celica 5 speed running with 240 z flywheel which bolts staright on

good fun certianly gets noticed

Mick