IGNORED

Stripped paint doors to see the true condition.

Elliott000

I stripped my doors with a cleaning wheel and the one door is mint with a small rust spit in the corner. Easy fix, however the passenger door has a couple proper dents. I think i should be able to pop one of em, the other is fairly large and when I push it out from the inside she sucks back down. Oil an is that what these ones are called? What's the best method to fix that style or will I be laying 1/4 inch of rage gold on er like the previous owner did20180623_100201.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Turns out she's not an oil canner. Just a dent haha, ill have to practice my dent removal skills, it pops up but doesn't move the dent from one spot to another as the oil can dent seems to be. Time to try my hand at tin bashing in the lightest of terms.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, door has been squared away a while back now. I got this fender plus 2 more for free from a local datsun guy all need some love but this guy has a sweet dent. Wher does a guy start to try and straighten this out? The other fender for passenger side has bad rust up near the a pillar a and down low. This guy would be best to save. I guess worst case, I could cut and replace from the other fender20180908_152217.jpeg

Very hard to patch in the front fenders. They are thin and oil can easily. If I were going to start on that dent. You need to work from the edges in. Also the wheel arch will need to be worked as you work on it. I think what I might do is fasten the fender to the car. Then put a come-a-long with a hook in to the wheel arch right at the dent. Put a little tension on it then start dolly work. When you get the dented arch worked out some, then work the front bulge in some. Repeat... Also I would expect to have to do some shrinking work on a dent that is that large

• Like 2