centering ammeter - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

centering ammeter

Featured Replies

my early 280z uses the ammeter which I prefer to a voltmeter, anyway the problem is its not center when no current is being drawn. I was wondering if anyone knows off hand if there is a centering adjustment mechanical I would presume.

It's probably the same part number as for the 260Z. When I had one of those apart, I did not notice a mechanical adjustment, but I wasn't looking closely at it. It's not too difficult to remove, open the case, and inspect if you want to, provided you don't have factory AC in the car.

Dave I looked and looked, I can’t find either one. 

  • Author

have AC, so would like to know before I pull it out. since it has to return to center I assume it has to have some kind of spiral spring that hopefully has an adj.

Edited by Dave WM

I could look at another spare gauge, but that won't be until next weekend at the earliest.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

that would be great, I am in no big hurry, just would like to fix it if fixable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.