IGNORED

Seat Supports - Floor Pan Replacement

Tirnipgreen

Not a simple question . It depends on extent of removal. It would be better if you could drill out the spot welds attaching support rails to floor- only where you are removing floor. Leave the ends attached to the tunnel and inner rocker so you have a guide for floor position 

• Like 1

That's the way I want it to be done. I am stripping the interior and all of the riveted patches that the original owner's husband painstakingly installed over the years. They really were well done, but it is time to fix it right. I am wondering why Zedd Findings doesn't make the front "wedge" that gets welded to the long, hat channel support rail. I guess I will have to source the pieces from two vendors - Zedd and Bad Dog....any other suggestions...? Thanks, Ryals

11 hours ago, Tirnipgreen said:

Zedd and Bad Dog.

Those guys are pretty much it but also grab yourself some 18-20ga sheet steel for the corners at the front of the pan. Like Madkaw said installing the pan from underneath leaving the front seat support in place has always worked well for me. Only cut out and repair one side at a time and install the transmission mount/crossmember just to be sure nothing moves.