IGNORED

Speedometer cable can't reach shaft on gauge

882993md

Hi everyone:

I thought my speedometer was broken so I removed it from the dash in anticipation of having it sent out for repair. I spun the drive shaft on the back of the gauge and it worked perfectly. So I thought maybe the speedometer cable was broken and I tested by spinning it and it and saw the other end spin just fine.

I then realized that the square shaped head that goes into the slot on the back of the gauge was actually not long enough slot into the back of the gauge. I tried pulling on it with needle nose pliers but I can't get the cable to extend out any further. It's a steel cable so I don't think it shrunk any. I can't think of any other any other way to remedy this than to bite he bullet and order a new cable?

Howard

1974 260z

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

Edited by 882993md

On 5/1/2018 at 8:21 PM, Patcon said:

Or the jacket broke and got longer somewhere

It seems that’s what happened as there is a kink or split in the jacket. I ordered a replacement. 

Howard

FC024DC0-E5E5-4DEE-B974-A9A9A04564DC.jpeg

• Like 1