IGNORED

1982 Datsun 280zx help

82280zx

Alright so I traded a blaster and a kx 80 (kx was taken apart blaster wasn’t terrible) together worth around 1300 or 1400. The Datsun has nearly no rust at all only spot of rust is on top of the window. No rust anywhere else at all it is pretty clean for a 280. I’m not sure what’s causing these but the trans leaks just a little. Something in the rear clunks if you are not shifting it easy and sometimes does it when you start moving in reverse. And it also sways a little when your driving it. Think anyone would know what that would be? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

The clunk is usually the differential mount gone bad.  They're steel and rubber and the rubber wears out so they move around while changing gears.  The transmission leak could be a lot of things.  Best thing to do is put fresh newspaper under the car after driving it, let it sit overnight and see where the drip is coming from.  Could be the rear seal or where the speedo hooks up, the slave cylinder also.  Click on "Blue is now 240260280 replied to a topic".

8 minutes ago, 82280zx said:

Thank you very much. I’ll have to get under it and check everything out. You know anything about the swaying?

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

My only guess would be old tires?  Maybe fill them to 35psi and see does that help.  Nice looking car too, forgot to mention that earlier. :blink:

Sounds like you got it cheap too and that's always good.