IGNORED

1978 Datsun 280z For Sale (San Francisco, CA)

Kevin McSweeney

You are oh so correct CO. Too bad you are so far away or I'd buy you a beer too.

I plan on, one of the many plans, installing the stock hood on my Z sometime this year. Can't wait. Want it to look like a 77 again.

Kevin, if you need help with pre emissions testing let me know. I can find out from a mechanic friend of mine what your "passing" numbers would be if you need. I can usually dial mine in enough to pass. 

Edited by rcb280z

All the other years* are jealous in every way except collector value.   :)

I would drink that beer with pride, and the offer is the same from me at this end of the country!!

I love my noise reducing weatherstrip along the top edge of my window trim!!

* Except 78 which is basically identical with a few electrical differences. Haha!!

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Like 2

The best thing would be to find someone willing to give you a printout of the numbers without running an emissions test. This way you wont be put on whats called a "gross-polluter" list. You don't want that to happen. My mechanic just plugs mine in and has to make a slight adjustment. I usually have it pretty close.

You do not have a CA car I know but I'm not sure if thats better or worse. The cat will clean up the exhaust to a certain point. But if you go in with "fat rich" condition you'll fail anyway. Get a print out and lets see the numbers. Not saying you are going to fail but lets look at things first.

• Like 1