IGNORED

Monte Carlo Historic rally

Z-point

Leeroy …you donkey!!!

You mixed up the cars! :stupid: Sure I’ve one no5 but the Frenchman, at the picture, has one also. And he’s the one who is lucky. But my time will come, some day :bunny:

Still …. Thanks for the replay

Hi Guus,

Great pics!

Must be great fun driving on those kind of surfaces.

I'm puzzled by the no.5 car's front end spec. Its obviously an LHD car, but its got the UK-spec. front valance corner panels ( no Indicator cut-outs ) and the corresponding oblong indicator lights on the front bumper. Very strange. Do you think it might have originally been a UK-market RHD car converted to LHD? Do you know the owner at all?

Interesting to see that all three owners went for the "Works" rally paint scheme.

Tony Fall was also competing this year ( I heard ) but I didn't spot his car in the photos. Maybe he had already crashed or broken by then ( as usual....... ). Did you hear anything about him? The UK motorsport press didn't mention anything much about the Historic Monte this year.

There are four 240Z 'Post Historic' class entries in the Welsh Rally this coming weekend. Its too far for me to go and spectate but I'll let you know the results when I hear them.

All the best,

Alan T.

Works cars: Built, maintained, driven by factory employed drivers.

Semi-works: Built by the factory and sold to an independently run, financed team with their own drivers. Usually given parts at discount prices in exchange for advertising the manufacturers....

That about right?

I see a huge number of Lancias.... nice to see som eof their vintage cars are still on the roads, they were a terror there for quite a while....

But, I have one question, is that really a 2CV or was that a trick camera shot?:cross-eye

Didn't think there where any factory sponsored zeds out there.

Definately a lot of privateers, but I wouldn't have thought these crews had access to the special "works " shell?

In this case I would think "works replica"would be more appropriate.

Time for another history lesson, Alan.....

Hi Alan, Mike, 2ManyZs and all you Rally lovers,

You discovered it well, this is strange. But I do not know the answers to your questions.

Before I mailed this list I mailed to Sean, who is one of the leading members together with Fred of the French Z club, and asked him to try to find these guy's and at least make them a member of the French Z club. Now I've got an even better plan; I will make the boys aware about this thread going on.

I knew about Tony Fall's participating but I can't figure out where he ended. I have to contact the French Monte Carlo Rally organizers about this, because their finish list stops at number 12???? For my Victory Lane pages I need to know what the rest of the Datsun's participants did. Therefore please keep me updated with all the facts and figures you know.

Semi works cars??

2ManyZs, you come close to an explanation. But my interpretation of 'semi' is '(very) close to original' - 'ex original'.

Sure, the works cars were sold to privateers but only after they were driven, that year, by the works drivers and even then, they had no full backup from Nissan! So Mike your definition is in my opinion half right.

Kevin Bristow, who lives in the UK, is a proud owner of an ex-works car. His statement is "he owns a semi works car" because it isn’t a works car anymore! And what I've understand he also gets none backup from the Nissan organization.

And that's a shame!