Is This The Correct Antenna Mast For A 1976? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Is This The Correct Antenna Mast For A 1976?

Featured Replies

Howdy,

The Antenna mast for my 76 is non-functioning.  The motor seems to be working but the mast won't go up.  I purchased a donor antenna that has a faulty motor and was going to combine the two.  Below is a picture of the antenna that is currently in the car.  I've seen a few types of masts and was wondering if anyone can help me identify if this is the original mast for the car?  The car was manufactured 9/75.

Cheers!
~MattS

38 minutes ago, ariekazy said:

Howdy,

The Antenna mast for my 76 is non-functioning.  The motor seems to be working but the mast won't go up.  I purchased a donor antenna that has a faulty motor and was going to combine the two.  Below is a picture of the antenna that is currently in the car.  I've seen a few types of masts and was wondering if anyone can help me identify if this is the original mast for the car?  The car was manufactured 9/75.

Cheers!
~MattS

Your picture didn't up load.  

Mine have a upside down cone shaped tip on the end.  There's also some info on here about using .130 weed eater cord for replacement of the original plastic drive line.

Howdy,

The car was manufactured 9/75.

Cheers!

~MattS

 

Off topic, but what is your VIN? Mine was manufactured 9/75 too!

Mine is 271295

On 12/8/2017 at 3:47 PM, ariekazy said:

Howdy,

The Antenna mast for my 76 is non-functioning.  The motor seems to be working but the mast won't go up.  I purchased a donor antenna that has a faulty motor and was going to combine the two.  Below is a picture of the antenna that is currently in the car.  I've seen a few types of masts and was wondering if anyone can help me identify if this is the original mast for the car?  The car was manufactured 9/75.

Cheers!
~MattS

Here's some good pictures of the 280's.  The cone tip must be a 240 thing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-280Z-POWER-ANTENNA-WITH-LOWER-MOUNTING-BRACKET-1975-1978/152504804032?hash=item2381fea2c0:g:uL0AAOSwWkJY9QRO

My car's power antenna was gone when I got the car.  I did pick up a "universal" power antenna I found at a thrift store for cheap, and it's brand new.

Not sure if I'll even install it, I usually take the antennas off my cars for looks and cover the threads with a vacuum cap.  I usually use my MP3 player for music anyways, no antenna required.

Were you able to control the original power antenna?  Or did it just go up and down as it felt was required?  Also, what if you have an aftermarket stereo?

I assume the power antenna control, if it existed, was on the original radio?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.