IGNORED

Is This The Correct Antenna Mast For A 1976?

ariekazy

Howdy,

The Antenna mast for my 76 is non-functioning.  The motor seems to be working but the mast won't go up.  I purchased a donor antenna that has a faulty motor and was going to combine the two.  Below is a picture of the antenna that is currently in the car.  I've seen a few types of masts and was wondering if anyone can help me identify if this is the original mast for the car?  The car was manufactured 9/75.

Cheers!
~MattS

38 minutes ago, ariekazy said:

Howdy,

The Antenna mast for my 76 is non-functioning.  The motor seems to be working but the mast won't go up.  I purchased a donor antenna that has a faulty motor and was going to combine the two.  Below is a picture of the antenna that is currently in the car.  I've seen a few types of masts and was wondering if anyone can help me identify if this is the original mast for the car?  The car was manufactured 9/75.

Cheers!
~MattS

Your picture didn't up load.  

Mine have a upside down cone shaped tip on the end.  There's also some info on here about using .130 weed eater cord for replacement of the original plastic drive line.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:47 PM, ariekazy said:

Howdy,

Cheers!
~MattS

Here's some good pictures of the 280's.  The cone tip must be a 240 thing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-280Z-POWER-ANTENNA-WITH-LOWER-MOUNTING-BRACKET-1975-1978/152504804032?hash=item2381fea2c0:g:uL0AAOSwWkJY9QRO

My car's power antenna was gone when I got the car.  I did pick up a "universal" power antenna I found at a thrift store for cheap, and it's brand new.

Not sure if I'll even install it, I usually take the antennas off my cars for looks and cover the threads with a vacuum cap.  I usually use my MP3 player for music anyways, no antenna required.

Were you able to control the original power antenna?  Or did it just go up and down as it felt was required?  Also, what if you have an aftermarket stereo?

I assume the power antenna control, if it existed, was on the original radio?