Header / Intake Stepped Washer - Exhaust - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Header / Intake Stepped Washer

Featured Replies

Does anyone have a source for stepped washers to properly mount an intake manifold / header  when there is a flange thickness difference?

I've added a picture as an example.

I know one can be filed down but just wondering if there is a ready source with different step lengths that can be ordered.

ecs%20stepped%20washer%205.jpg

Edited by oemz

I have made them with half washers welded or ground down a fatter washer.

Never did think to see if anyone sells them.

Never seen them. There are too many options for sizing, even the amount of the circumference that's removed to make the step.  

It;s one of those projects that is "easy" but takes forever to get the washers just right.... 

  • Author

Agreed, although I have seen ones before that looked like they were manufactured so thought I'd ask.

 

Thank you

 

  • Author

Just called Pacesetter who manufactured the headers on my Z and they do offer them so I'll give it a try.

  • 1 month later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.