IGNORED

Transmission internals question

redfogo

On 11/19/2017 at 7:59 PM, Dave WM said:

depends, if the bearings look ok (no broken cages or obvious damage), you may just want to switch out the counter shaft bearings and the tail shaft bearing, easy to do with minimal breakdown. I the cages look good and the baulk rings seem to be grabbing and have the in spec gaps. I did not even use the rebuild baulk rings and the adapter plate bearing were nearly as good as the new ones. there is a lot you can do without pulling the shafts out.

I will have to get things ordered here in a bit thanks again for all your help everyone!

Well I decided to take 5th/R apart today wasn't as hard as I thought it would be yay! But looks like the dogs/inserts are discontinued... Any ideas? I wanted to replace mine but now I am thinking I may be stuck reusing them :(  Part number I found was 32608-E9800 looks like it no longer available according to courtesyparts

Edited by redfogo

maybe these guys

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-insert-shift~32608-e9800.html

I have used these guys too

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/nissan/32608e9800

and here too

https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=32608E9800

just google the PN lots of stuff came up. I have used those direct from japan Amayama has great prices on things like Nissan OE bearings etc...

Edited by Dave WM

Theymight be hard to find. 6 years ago I replaced a lot of stuff in my transmission. The parts came from my local nissan dealer, but now he tells me that theh are nla.

Can you post a photo of the inserts now they are out?

If you do choose to use to old ones, they will be in the correct direction. The sleeve won't ride off the end and chew it up like it is now. The teth on the end of the sleeve that engage thegear are what did the damage and they will not make contact once its in the right way.

It won't be perfect, but if you clean it up, you could also brazed it and filed down. Welding might distort it to much. Remeber once its in the right way, it won't have such a hard life with the teeth from the sleeve riding over it.

did you try those international vendors? I was told the same thing when looking for a transmission part, they had it in japan, took a couple of weeks but got it for less than would have been if I bought from a dealer. That being said, I really don't think you will need new inserts, the damage is confined to an area that should not effect the operation once cleaned up. I suspect the dealers do NOT bother with trying to locate parts that are not in local warehouses.

Edited by Dave WM