IGNORED

The Neglected 280ZX?

260DET

Originally posted by Zpeed

a guy over hear down in melbourne, has a 280zx 2 seater turbo 5spd, that has had alot of work, and it goes damn crayz, and looks awesome, its low and has rims, and has perfect paint, he had it imported i think from US and converted to RHD using a wrecked aus spec 280zx, was done in late 80s..

280zx 2+2s look like 260z 2+2s, just not my style,

Theres one in the Movie Pizza. 280ZX 2 Seater.

Couple of things... Would you believe I found out that a local lady who owned one of those volvos, one I eyeballed jealously for years, dumped it for $500.00 US? I of course only found out about it months after the fact. Damn...

and on to the VIN. My 78 2+2 vin starts with GHLS30

Originally posted by Gav240z

Well having owned a 2+2 I don't mind them so much. Do you think that if they do become the rarest of all Z's they will also become valuable?

Like the Volvo P1800 the wagons are worth quite a bit because they are very rare here in Aus anyway.:classic:

See Attached.

No they wont because they are like the ugly sister of a 240Z.

And the volvo coupe is a lot better looking than the wagon and is also worth more. Just because a car is rare doesn't always have to make it expensive. It's still has to be wanted by someone.

Ok, i'll wade in now and get wet, up to my neck if need be.

Gav, I believe your right about the 260 2+2 being the most commonly seen of the Z's (240/260) on the roads here in Melbourne. Why, who really knows, is it sales figures or the fact that a lot of 2 seaters were written off in accidents?

I am restoring my 260 2+2 from the ground up, keeping it as stock as possible with a few exceptions, front air dam, simmons wheels (if I ever get a fourth one) and some cloth inserts in the seats and door panels.

As to whether it's worth a lot or a little in the end, or if it's rare as hens teeth or common as dog $^!#, I don't care. It's mine.

I think sometimes we get a little lost in the who's got the rarest or the lowest VIN# or the whatever, that we forget why we enjoy these cars in the first place. Because we all like the Z car we've got or we wouldn't have it.

Hope I haven't upset anyone.

Oh, by the way i'm using my boat anchors too.

Alan.