IGNORED

Startup revs out of control

footballnick17

44 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Also are you following the SU dvd or similar or winging it? The needles have to be right height. Also the butterfly flap should be 95% closed at idle. 

I'm not trying to a d*** with those comments,  only trying to help figure it out. It is Saturday night and Alabama had an off day soooo......

:beer:

Looking at your pic, it looks like the front carb linkage is way open? The part that is supposed to be in contact with the tip of the adjustment screw is a quarter inch away from the screw? Kinda hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like something else is holding the front carb linkage down?

But (from a distance) it looks like the center rod is assembled in the right location.

Can you take a closer up shot of where that center linkage makes contact to the front carb tab?

I had the exact same problem and I kept checking everything. And I found a hole after the dash pot before the butterfly. IMG_2382.JPG
The guy sold it to me told me they are bored out... It is a bit bigger with a custom grind needle. The wall is thin and the poor guy might have went though with a 10mm wrench.
I don't have time to put the engine back in the car for testing yet, but I hope this will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile