IGNORED

Z31 N/A RB project

five&dime

The car was delivered this morning and all I can say is WOW!!! It’s so much nicer than I expected. I found one spot with some paint overspray but realized it’s just because someone spray painted the side mirror after it was scuffed. So the overspray got on some trim but easy to remove. All other paint appears to be stock and in great shape. The interior is incredible. The dash and gauges are like new. There are no rattles, squeaks or any odd noises. It even rides terrific. The seats are incredibly comfortable. I can smell a fuel leak, an oil leak and it runs a little rough but probably just needs a tune up. Besides, the drivetrain won’t be like that for long. Still, I may go ahead and do that, install the 5 speed since my best friend got me a pedal assembly, master cylinder and has a Z32 driveshaft which may help. Overall, I couldn’t be more pleased with the purchase and could probably flip it now for a decent profit. But that would be boring….

Some cell phone shots after a quick wash before the freeze. 

27125455279_8b7b3255a5_b.jpg

38902112711_9a28b23a83_b.jpg

27125478829_c723023eaa_b.jpg

38186472614_d2d43cc883_b.jpg

• Like 2

Got the last of my parts from Raw Brokerage to get the head going. Now I have Tomei cams, lifters and beryllium copper valve seat rings, Supertech plus size valves, dual valve springs, guides, Ti retainers and spring seats for the new RB26dett head.

I also got the first sketch from the guy doing my design render. Note the early headlights/recess with the late lower front bumper. I am hoping it's doable.. Lastly, found a guy on IG who did the last render which I really like. Color and all. 

39040141891_700b66d0c4_b.jpg

25191516888_49a8205d0d_b.jpg

27276514799_e7edaabaff_b.jpg

38176719345_03a21dbfee_b.jpg

Edited by five&dime

Anxious to hear the RB motor at 9 grand. I guess he’ll have to head down to Dinwiddie with me and Eiji to see what they all do in the 1/4 mile when I finish my new Stroker this Spring. It’s gonna be a blast. Also hope it’ll be finished for ZCON next Fall! It’s gonna be a really good convention this year....right Steve?

Thank you, Siteunseen!!! 

I posted about my 510 and BMW 5 series wagon with the LSx 427 but never posted my last and greatest build. A one owner 38k miles 2001 BMW 740 M sport that I had a fresh built M5 S62 V8 swapped in with an ESS supercharger, 6 speed, M5 diff with 4 clutch upgrade, suspension, BBK, custom interior, wheels etc. It's an amazing car. Here is the Petrolicious feature on it.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/this-engine-swapped-six-speed-sedan-is-the-m7-that-bmw-never-built

The crazy thing is that I have owned 30 vehicles and the Z31 is my first 2 seater ever!

Yes, I do hope to have this one done for Z con although I don't expect too much from 1/4 mile times since this is a heavy car and 300hp will be a challenge ;) And Raw Brokerage is expecting 10k redline with the cams/berry rings!! The other goal is to possibly have this car done for a SEMA slot next year by one of my parts suppliers. 

Edited by five&dime
  • Like 1