IGNORED

Head coating: jet hot vs ceracote vs MSA

Stanley

New engine coming, getting some MSA headers. Want to keep the engine bay cool for the desert trip. Jet hot takes a while, shipping reqd, etc.  MSA coating looks good but I doubt if it will keep heat in the header where it belongs as well as jet hot. Ceracote would be convenient since there's a local shop that can do it but I don't know if it's as good as jet hot.

I have a jet hot coated 6 to 1 that just got recoated from Jet Hot for sale. Just installed a new Rebello stroker with a larger primary header. No need for the 6 to 1. Looking for reasonable offers

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Have a picture of the recoated header. Is it from MSA ? Might be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

For what it's worth, I called Embee. They said they get the headers from MSA and don't know about the manufacturer. I guess if you want MSA headers but want a different look for the coating you could talk to Embee and set it up with MSA and order it like that. Maybe.

I'm staying with the stock '73 manifold and 2 1/4" exhaust I have for now. The shop that's doing the R&R will send the manifold out for a blast and ceramic so it will look better. I'll have enough power anyway. IMO speed is more about the driver than the car. Might have to ease up on the leadfoot a bit with the 280 mill.

I've always read the stock exhaust manifolds were really good flowing. I think with ceramic coat it'll cut way down the heat they hold. That's the biggest difference I've noticed with msa ceramic headers I have. Way cooler under the hood and within 15 minutes you can touch them without getting a burn blister.

I think you are doing the right and best thing until you want a louder sound.