IGNORED

Positive offset + wheel spacer = "simulated 0 offset" ?

AlbatrossCafe

4 hours ago, Brett IMSA Z Hybrid said:

Hello, I have a hybrid Z with an IMSA race series wide body kit. I had a really hard time finding Wheels trying to keep the four lug pattern. The only thing you might get out of putting in a wheel spacer it's probably bearing distortion. As the spacers are close to being balanced but not 100% percent.
It was either I spend approximately $5,000 on custom wheels or settling for a simpler wheel.

Yeah, that's what I ultimately decided. I hate the 3 popular konig/enkei/rota wheels available for our cars in the stock offset/bolt pattern with 15" diameter. I decided to buy some wheels I actually liked with +15mm offset and I'll use a 25mm spacer giving about -10mm offset when done. The spacer and the wheel will be hub-centric at least. I can't afford custom wheels (especially when I'm not sure what my end  color is) if I want to do ANYTHING else to my car.

Btw your car is awesome! It looks so funny with the stock offset wheels in those big fenders though :D

We are currently installing camber plates front and rear and all four corners lower arms in Billet aluminum, 4-wheel Large disc brakes. That was one of the reasons for choosing a 16-inch rim for me, had to be wide enough diameter to fit the rotors and calipers.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Classic Zcar Club mobile