proper routing engine harness and dash harness - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

proper routing engine harness and dash harness

Featured Replies

my wiring is a mess, trying to find the proper way of routing it. would anyone have pics?

 

I've attached photos of my current routing.

 

thx

 

IMG_9905.JPGIMG_9904.JPG

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Actually, your's looks not that bad. I'm glad you have some of the wires labeled (#4 in the second shot). You might want to tape wrap some of the wires together that are going to the same component groups. Also I see some relays dangling. I 3D printed a relay holder for my two flasher relays to keep them out of the way (public library has several 3D printers). There are a number of metal bend tabs that are used to hold wire harnesses in place. See if there are any that you could utilize that could help organize the wires. If nothing else, no one will be able to see the wires once the dash is put back together.

Remember that this car pre-dates cars with circuit boards and ribbon cable so there will be a lot more wires strung behind the dash.

  • Author
Actually, your's looks not that bad. I'm glad you have some of the wires labeled (#4 in the second shot). You might want to tape wrap some of the wires together that are going to the same component groups. Also I see some relays dangling. I 3D printed a relay holder for my two flasher relays to keep them out of the way (public library has several 3D printers). There are a number of metal bend tabs that are used to hold wire harnesses in place. See if there are any that you could utilize that could help organize the wires. If nothing else, no one will be able to see the wires once the dash is put back together.
Remember that this car pre-dates cars with circuit boards and ribbon cable so there will be a lot more wires strung behind the dash.



thanks! I do have a relay block, but unsure where it bolts too.


Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile
On 9/10/2017 at 9:21 PM, hatepotholez said:

thanks! I do have a relay block, but unsure where it bolts too.

Relay block or fuse box? Fuse box mounts down to brackets on the tunnel with a long screw

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.