IGNORED

PCV Hose Question

w3wilkes

The PCV valve on my car is also in the center of the balance tube.

Interesting that ZCarDepot lists 1 hose for 70 - 74, but MSA lists a hose separate for 70 that's NLA and then a hose for 71 - 72 that is available and NLA for 73 - 74. Maybe ZCarDepot's hose fits more cars because they charge twice as much for the hose than MSA! :rolleyes:

The Nissan parts book shows four part numbers for the PCV hose (item 3) from 1970 to 1973. I'm not sure what the differences are but the first P/N shows for up to 12'70 and the part number starting 1'71 not being backwards compatible. Also here is a picture of my  7'70 car showing the early hose.

HTH

Mike

Capture2.JPG20170904_125335.jpg

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, looks just like my 12/70 car. My Clymer manual shows the PCV valve position to be the same from 70 -72, but says the 73-74 is different, but similar. Still curious as to the difference introduced with I'm guessing car HLS30-21001 from earlier cars? Since I consider hoses as "consumables" I'd like a spare. This hose is a different size at the block than it is at the PCV valve, at least on my 17,486 car.

Just a comment on the picture you posted of your car... I didn't know that Canada got Euro style non-emission cars back in the early days. That balance tube looks to be the Euro style tube available from ZTherapy and there are some differences I see in the carb linkage from my 12/70 USA car due to the non-emission, cool!

• Thanks 1