IGNORED

accelerator vs headlight....?

Dan Hansen

Thank you...

I will look into those recommended upgrades, asap... I´m pretty green, as this is my very first Z, but not my first classic, having 3 others in my garage, so I´m pretty confident with future work on the car...

Yes, the color is stunning, and was one of my demands when I started searching for a original car. It has one respray made years ago, but kept in the original color, its not a superb paint job, but pretty good 2 feet of.. I think a clay-bar, wet-polish and a 3 step buffing, will do some magic.

D. HANSON Very nice machine. All the panels seem to line up nicely. Will it stay as it is or do you plan performance modifications? I have the headlight upgrade yet to install it though, haven't heard anything BAD about it so let us know! CONGRATULATIONS.

2 minutes ago, esmit208 said:

D. HANSON Very nice machine. All the panels seem to line up nicely. Will it stay as it is or do you plan performance modifications? I have the headlight upgrade yet to install it though, haven't heard anything BAD about it so let us know! CONGRATULATIONS.

Oh yeah I forgot if you have an external voltage regulator it may be approaching the end of it's life. But fortunately there is a conversion kit that allows you to install the 83ZX alternator with internal regulator. MSA sells the conversion and so does Dave. Good luck!

esmit208, Thank you..

Yes, the previous owner, a gentleman from Colorado, have maintained it through the years, which I benefit from now.

I will let it stay stock looking, but... the entire undercarriage will be taken apart, bead blasted, powder coated,  upgraded with poly-bushings, bearings front and rear, adjustable dampers, lowering springs, brakes front and rear with steel braided  brake-lines..

Maybe some 15x7" wheels...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2017 at 5:25 AM, siteunseen said:

This is a highly recommended headlight upgrade for the 240.  I'm not much of a night driver so I can't say how much brighter but everything I've read has been positive, much brighter.  This rewires the headlights to pull straight off the battery.  Handmade by a forum member.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/12-4651

I just did this upgrade, topic in "Electrical".  Basically I got a generic H4 relay harness.  had to lengthen one of the headlight leads.  No cutting of stock wires, it plugs into (one of) your stock headlight sockets.  I'm getting 11.8V at the socket, and have various H4 bulbs to try.  Very easy actually.  

Edited by ramsesosirus