Blue interior plastic panels (pearl?) - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Blue interior plastic panels (pearl?)

Featured Replies

I removed the blue interior panels in the 70 and plan to dye them with SEM or custom mix vinyl/plastic part paint. I noticed that the interior vinyl is an "Ice" metallic or pearl looking blue, but the back of the plastic panels look to be a solid blue. Were the plastic panels solid blue or were the fronts painted to match the pearl look?

I believe that they're molded in a solid blue. All of my spare interior panels are at the other garage. I have a stack of door panels at home but I think they're all black. Hmmm...I'll look around tonight when I get back from the track.

Chuck

 

I repainted my panels with a water based paint (not blue).  Had to throughly clean/degrease the panels first and then, due to the type of plastic they are,  pre-coat them with SEM's Sand Free in order for the paint to adhere.  That was per the advice of the Pro Paint shop.

Hi Jerry,

Congratulations on your obtaining the blue interior car , that is my favorite color !

My car has solid blue for all the plastic panels inside and outside. They are a rear roof rail cover, quarter window trims, rear body side trims, a tail light cover, a tail gate trim ( from 1971 they became vinyl trim as the gate lost air vents. In that case, it might be metallic blue like other vinyl trims) .

All the vinyl trims are metallic blue, I will post pictures on my car, I would like to see your blue interior trims/panels.

Kats

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.