IGNORED

Transmission Removal / Install

The pilot/alignment tool that comes in the standard clutch kit from AutoZone didn't work for me. It would not go in the Pilot bushing. So I just got back from AutoZone and purchased the Dorman Alignment tool and it worked perfectly. Part number is below if you'd like to save yourself a trip at 1am in the morning.

Dorman # 14501

1500790400196.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Pics of new transmission and gear oil. Since I try and do things the best I can I'm using Red Line MT-90 Gear oil. I've read threads on how people like the Red Line MT-90 so I'm giving it a try. I didn't want to wait so I found the stuff at Speedtech in Fort Worth, Tx. Purchase 3 Quarts, but you won't use it all.

A few pics of the new fork and throw out bearing. Just in case a few of you need some pics.20170723_011520.jpeg20170723_011513.jpeg

20170723_011506.jpeg20170723_011551.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Did you get a new pressure plate?  You might verify that the throwout bearing collar is the correct height.  There are a variety of different pressure plates out there, and bearing collars to match.  92 mm from the surface the fork rides on to the surface of the flywheel seems to be the correct number, +/- a couple of mm.

If you're using the old plate and collar then no issue.  Another confirmation of 92 mm would be worthwhile though.