IGNORED

280z stalling issue (I've tried the search feature!)

HybridzNJ

It definitely smells like fuel on the plugs. I have good spark at the plugs during and after. It is possible I didn't set the floats properly. What method would you recommend? I can take them back apart and see if this is the issue. Also siteunseen, I am using K and N filters, having the filters off did not seem to change anything, neglected to mention I bought new filters when I did the carb rebuild so I do not believe they are in anyway clogged or blocking airflow.

There's been a lot of discussion about float adjustment methods. Any service manual will get you close to the right adjustment if it's done with care.

As a final fuel height check, you can remove the suction chambers and pistons, with the mixture screws 2 1/2 turns down, look down at the top of the fuel nozzle. The fuel level should be about 1/16" below the top of the nozzle opening. Also be sure the floats pivot on the rods freely and the needle and seat operate properly.