IGNORED

Front grill assembly parts

Patcon

We have Cody's fenders, hood and valence painted and pretty much assembled but I need the screws for the headlight trims, grills, and hood and fender trim. Most of these are NLA. Can somebody help me out with parts or give me some direction for what I am looking for?

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

We have Cody's fenders, hood and valence painted and pretty much assembled but I need the screws for the headlight trims, grills, and hood and fender trim. Most of these are NLA. Can somebody help me out with parts or give me some direction for what I am looking for?

If you can be more specific I may be able to find some of these fasteners. Where do they specifically go? Pictures? JLP

I am looking for the fasteners for this section of the car

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/bluebird-1968-1973/body-(sedan)/front-outside

#1 The little screws for the hood trim, can't find a part number for that

#2 Fender molding screws - need 8 of each

08915-43710 - washer - discontinued

08510-70812 - screw - discontinued

#3 Headlight finisher screws - need 8 of each

08530-41620 - screw - available

08964-10440 - spring nut - discontinued

#4 Grill fasteners - need 4 of each

08360-61610 M6x1.0 bolt/screw - available

08915-4361A washer - available

#5 The little philips screws for the wiper /cowl panel - need 5

If I could find someone that had all of that, great. That would be easier than sourcing from multiple places. I assume the fender molding screws could be stainless but likely clear zinc

Thanks for the help

C

Oh! 510! No wonder I was confused about hood trim screws.  Z's don't got no stinkin' hood trim?!?!?!?!

Ok, I have a bit of 510 hardware after my 69 resto, and, well, a LOT of Z hardware.  How perfect OEM is this request? I know have the right 5 cowl screws, and lots of shiny CAD plated 6x1 bolts for the grill.  

Hood trim screws I have, but not a spare set, just a set that goes with the trim. I can at least measure and take pictures.

Is it ok to talk 510 smack on here? I'm feeling mildly guilty...

Edited by zKars

2 hours ago, zKars said:

Is it ok to talk 510 smack on here? I'm feeling mildly guilty...

Yeah! Let it fly...

Would love the cowl screws...

If I can't source the correct fastener a good picture would be the next best thing. I don't even know what they look like...The biggest thing for grill bolts is there is no length listed. I assume they are clear zinc and not yellow...

Are you selling the hood trim? Ours is damaged but usable...

The hood trim and cowl screws are remarkably similar.

The hood trim screws are 8mm long, the cowl, 10mm. The heads are 9 and 9.2mm dia.

They look and are the "same" as the door sill trim screws on a Z. I'm seen them on ebay before.

The grill bolts are very typical M6x1.0 SEMS fasteners, 12-16mm long would be fine. Nothing behind to interfere. They were likely round head fasteners stock, can't confirm, don't have a pure stock one handy to check.

IMG_9693.JPG

IMG_9694.JPG