IGNORED

1978 280z Restored Auto $8500

irdiver

Up for sale is my 1978 280z Automatic. This car has had the body taken down to a shell, all rusted metal removed and replaced with good metal, body checked to be true and straight. I am currently using it a few days a week 60 miles round trip to work and back.

List of the new/upgraded:
All rubber parts and weatherstripping replaced, urethane bushings throughout, new struts and springs, new tires, new headlights, upgraded front and rear body kit, 240z hood, hood access panels louvered, new frame rails, new interior carpet, new headliner, gauges refaced, Factory AC compressor upgraded, all bulbs but headlights are led, new stereo head unit, new speakers, front and rear cameras integrated into the car, rear window louver powder coated, front brake caliper upgrade completed, master cylinder upgrade completed, new oil pump, new water pump, new aluminum radiator, fuel tank internally cleaned, new fuel pump, universal joints replaced, shock tower support struts installed, repainted 2015, and fresh valve adjustment completed.

Left to finish to be completed:
Exhaust could be replaced but works fine, seats could be recovered due to cracks in vinyl, AC needs to be charged (just finished replacing most of it and not filled yet), and final wax and polish of the paint/wheels. Passenger front tire has a flat spot from sitting, seems to be rounding back out but may need to be replaced. The car is not perfect (its an old car) but in very good condition and ready to be used.

Comes with spare engine and 4sp trans if wanted.

This car is ready to be a daily driver and has been my project over the last 3 years. Hate to sell it but I don't drive it enough and don't like seeing it sit. Have Florida title in hand and asking $8500 obo

Thanks
Ryan

20170508_191733.jpg

20170508_191940.jpg

20170508_191948.jpg

20170511_182509.jpg

20170511_182530.jpg

20170511_182548.jpg

20170511_182945.jpg

20170511_183055.jpg

20170511_183109.jpg

20170511_182919.jpg

Definitely not keeping it.  I don't have a garage down here and after the rain storm we just had, would prefer to not see my hard work destroyed so lowering the price again and hopefully find a buyer.  Btw its only 38 hours to Calgary from here... just saying... Price reduced to $7500 or best offer.

Best I can do is get it to my dad's place in central Indiana so closer to you at least. If I wasn't bringing a car up for my dad already I could have it up there next weekend since I'm headed that way for a visit. But as it stands it would be a while before I could bring it up.

That's what kills us guys restoring up here! The shipping cost plus exchange on all the parts we need! It's way cheaper to buy one like yours than to build one of our own.
If this would have been an option (buying your car) instead of restoring the basket case I bought, no contest.
I'm lucky you're not close because it would be a seriously difficult time deciding whether to finish this car or buy yours. I hope it goes to a good home.

• Like 1