any 2.7ish owners? - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

any 2.7ish owners?

Featured Replies

  • 6 months later...
  • Jason....Just a heads up on cam choices. The Schneider cam billets aren’t even close to the quality alloys in a reground (Isky) camshaft. The original Datsun cams reground to Stage III (.490) by Isky work great. We put a Schneider .495 lift camshaft (new) in my 3.1 motor. After 150 miles, I noticed a cam lobe turning loose some metal. I’ve never had a single problem with the Datsun regrinds. I put a Isky .490 in the motor.....zero problems. Do it right the first time IMO.

Guy

8FBB82F6-55F9-4B98-859A-8FAB68B7D90A.jpeg

Edited by Diseazd

  • Author

Thanks, I've got an ATI damper now also.

I'm thinking a 300deg cam, about 560 lift.

Nice.....That should be “bumpy” lol. Isky has a .530 regrind. Not sure how much lift requires spring seat alterations. Maybe someone can chime in on that.

  • Author

I do already have a 290f from Schneider, that might have to go in initially, just to save some costs, i'm looking at a kameari 'cross mission' gearset for the box on it.  once I've ran it on the dyno I'll see where the drop off is.  I've a feeling it'll be enough.

I'm sure i'll have a 1000miles of ironing out other niggles and getting the setup right before the missing rpm bothers me too much.

Edited by Jason240z

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.