Unicorn Alert: Rubber Steering Coupler - For Sale - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content
Be cautious of scammers! If you are asked to send Zelle, Paypal, or even gift cards it is likely a scam. Be smart and talk on the phone and trade real photos. Check every profile and never do business with a member who joined less than 6 months ago.

Unicorn Alert: Rubber Steering Coupler

Featured Replies

I found another pony!  Here's another S30 rubber steering coupler in great shape - flexible and lively, no cracks or deterioration.  Included with the coupler are all associated hardware pieces, all freshly replated.  $50 includes shipping within CONUS, payment via PayPal.

Coupler Set.jpg

Jim, I only know this because I just did it, I think at least two of those nuts need to be the narrow kind so they don't interfere with the the U joint.

  • Author
2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Jim, I only know this because I just did it, I think at least two of those nuts need to be the narrow kind so they don't interfere with the the U joint.

I appreciate the comment but this is exactly how they came off the car - a '73.  They are different than on my car - also narrow ones as you mention.  Looks like Nissan changed them with later models, clearly these are a lot beefier.  It is a snug process to install/remove them but rotating the column opens up the access.

 

Edit: I went back to the pic of the one I sold in Dec. from a 12/71 car.  That one had the narrow nuts.

Edited by jfa.series1

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.