IGNORED

Anyone with an opinion welcome. Car stuttering at high rpms.

Senor Grizzly

32 minutes ago, JSM said:

You said you got new plugs, how do they look now? Does it run ok when it's cold, then when warmed up it starts to miss?

as to how they look im not sure what you mean but they look good. they dont look blackened or anything like that

and yeah the car starts up great and when its warm it still sounds good. its only when its under load that it sputters

Ok. So on the new plugs how many miles you have them. I was thinking that the CTS sensor maybe not reading properly causing the rich condition. You said you smelled gas what made me think this. 

So if you jump in the car when it's fairly cold it won't pull well past 4K either right? If warm or cold it sputters it's not likely the CTS. Just odd you smell gas with out the plugs fowling. 

Do you happen to know if your FPR is good? Wondering if your getting fuel pressure spikes. It looks painted not sure if it is a new one or not. 

Do you see any obvious fuel leaks around the injectors or fuel rail?  There are a lot of small clamps there and one or two can easily be overlooked and be not tight enough when putting it all back together. I found a couple of loose ones after I had serviced that on my 77'.   If you put a fuel pressure gauge between the charcoal canister and fuel intake line it will give you ready information as to EFI questions.  Also, I don't see a heat shield under the manifold.  That makes is harder to visually see a leak in that area.