IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

21 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

It has however taken 19 pages, 5yrs and questions posed via a supplier in a different country, on another continent to clear up the specs sufficient for a potential buyer to make a rational choice.

No, the supplier has provided a major update and a whole new 'fit' of system. So they've got a new fit system.  

40 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Ah, but Alan restarted that with his petty inferences AND this isn't his nor your thread - right ?

the 'classy' thing would be to not comment on an exhaust thread, full stop. concentrate on your own exhausts, their development, your own versions of products. There's more I could add, however this is my 'classy' reply.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

No, the supplier has provided a major update and a whole new 'fit' of system. So they've got a new fit system.  

the 'classy' thing would be to not comment on an exhaust thread, full stop. concentrate on your own exhausts, their development, your own versions of products. There's more I could add, however this is my 'classy' reply.

Supplier or manufacturer ? I maintain that the 'update' has still left buyers wondering, Matthews' posts are testament to that and it was only your perserverence over more than a fortnight with a local supplier insistting with the manufacturer that you've selfishly supplied the clear information needed.

I don't understand why, on two seperate forums you want me to keep mum on any exhaust thread, which is my speciality (whatever happened to freedom of speech ?) and you consistently attack me everywhere on the net. Upon the subject of wheels also, there are three of you who've been keen to censure my threads leading to two forums banning any mention of them despite their members' buying them.

It's either personal against me and/or my products Jason and I still don't get the exalted level of animosity you have towards someone you've never met and down you no harm.

For Alans' sake, I'll repeat again - I have nothing against Japanese parts for our cars - I do, howver question that ONLY Japanese parts are best for our cars which obviously sidelines and could even be taken as snidy (sic) comments upon all those parts procuded and marketed outside of Japan - most examples of which are Made in the USA ! Should we believe you that they are sub-standard to JDM parts and that engine and body-shops here are also ?

Owners buy parts using many criteria and I don't believe that national sites of production count - quality and price do......and we all have different budgets.

7 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Supplier or manufacturer ? I maintain that the 'update' has still left buyers wondering, Matthews' posts are testament to that and it was only your perserverence over more than a fortnight with a local supplier insistting with the manufacturer that you've selfishly supplied the clear information needed.

I don't understand why, on two seperate forums you want me to keep mum on any exhaust thread, which is my speciality (whatever happened to freedom of speech ?) and you consistently attack me everywhere on the net. Upon the subject of wheels also, there are three of you who've been keen to censure my threads leading to two forums banning any mention of them despite their members' buying them.

It's either personal against me and/or my products Jason and I still don't get the exalted level of animosity you have towards someone you've never met and down you no harm.

For Alans' sake, I'll repeat again - I have nothing against Japanese parts for our cars - I do, howver question that ONLY Japanese parts are best for our cars which obviously sidelines and could even be taken as snidy (sic) comments upon all those parts procuded and marketed outside of Japan - most examples of which are Made in the USA ! Should we believe you that they are sub-standard to JDM parts and that engine and body-shops here are also ?

Owners buy parts using many criteria and I don't believe that national sites of production count - quality and price do......and we all have different budgets.

I just don't follow.  I'm not sure what your aim is.

I've sent 3 messages to the UK importer, who I do not have a buying history with. Between the delays in my messages due to work and time Zones, theirs to the factory, its taken 10 working days to get all the info asked for and a solution.  I'd say that's pretty bloody good?

I don't constantly attack you.  its in your head. I have no ability to censure your wheel threads,None at all.  On any forum.  again its in your head.  I've not seen mention of your copy cat wheels till now.  

you're correct about quality and price. for the same budget, this is a compelling option.

15 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

I just don't follow.  I'm not sure what your aim is.

I've sent 3 messages to the UK importer, who I do not have a buying history with. Between the delays in my messages due to work and time Zones, theirs to the factory, its taken 10 working days to get all the info asked for and a solution.  I'd say that's pretty bloody good?

I don't constantly attack you.  its in your head. I have no ability to censure your wheel threads,None at all.  On any forum.  again its in your head.  I've not seen mention of your copy cat wheels till now.  

you're correct about quality and price. for the same budget, this is a compelling option.

I was agreeing that it was good and thanking/praising you for it. You and Alan consistently appear to look for attacks where there are none !

It's not in my head, plentu of people have PM-ed me on the subject - it's real and only now you don't have the bottle and stand up and behind your acid comments - fair enough however I always assume what I say and write.

Same as what budget ? Matthew is quoting $3000 ! It's so compelling that Matthew is going to buy a Spirit Garage system - go figure. :-)

6 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

I was agreeing that it was good and thanking/praising you for it. You and Alan consistently appear to look for attacks where there are none !

It's not in my head, plentu of people have PM-ed me on the subject - it's real and only now you don't have the bottle and stand up and behind your acid comments - fair enough however I always assume what I say and write.

Same as what budget ? Matthew is quoting $3000 ! It's so compelling that Matthew is going to buy a Spirit Garage system - go figure. 🙂

I'm pleased you've been PM'd.  I've only reported facts. I'm not sure what I've not got 'the bottle' to say.

Here's a link, $1500

https://www.rhdjapan.com/fujitsubo-exh-performance-unit-epu-legalis-total-exhaust-system-fairlady-z-s30-gs30-hs30-2-seater.html

$1500 off your $3000.

I'm pleased for Matthew buying a Spirit Garage system. Its a great setup, one I'd like.

Edited by Jason240z

26 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/fujitsubo-exh-performance-unit-epu-legalis-total-exhaust-system-fairlady-z-s30-gs30-hs30-2-seater.html

$1500 off your $3000.

I'm pleased for Matthew buying a Spirit Garage system. Its a great setup, one I'd like.

Can you read ? Matthew quoted $3k, not me.

Apparently the Spirit Garage system isn't as good a quality as the Fujitsubo....NOT a fact, merely one mans' opinion.

14 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

After taking a second look at the illustration from Fujitsubo of the r200 compatible EPU and comparing that to the photo xs10shl posted of his installed SG pipes, I think one of my open questions is indirectly answered.

I was trying to figure out if the r200 version works with the factory crossmember that supports the r180, because it has the indentations for the twin system.

The space between the pipes immediately to either side of the differential doesn’t look that far apart, but I’m guessing there’s no way it tucks into those indentations, because they have two versions of the EPU exhaust and not just one that works with both differentials.

All this is inference, obviously, but I will bet that’s the situation.

Sourcing and fitting an earlier twin cutout crossmember would not be all that difficult? Straight swap.

Here are some scans from a 2020 issue of Nostalgic Speed magazine (Vol.025) which might be helpful. They show and talk about the flipped flange (he's pointing at it...) and there are some good photos illustrating the area where the twin pipes pass around the (R200) diff.

Might be useful to some.

FGK-EPU-NosSpeed-1.jpg

FGK-EPU-NosSpeed-2.jpg

FGK-EPU-NosSpeed-3.jpg

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Sourcing and fitting an earlier twin cutout crossmember would not be all that difficult? Straight swap.

Here are some scans from a 2020 issue of Nostalgic Speed magazine (Vol.025) which might be helpful. They show and talk about the flipped flange (he's pointing at it...) and there are some good photos illustrating the area where the twin pipes pass around the (R200) diff.

Might be useful to some.

FGK-EPU-NosSpeed-1.jpg

FGK-EPU-NosSpeed-2.jpg

FGK-EPU-NosSpeed-3.jpg

I can’t work out if it’d sit in the r180 diff cutouts?

MHO :

1) there is no difference in ground clearance by inversing the initail flange fitting (between header and line). However, it does subtely oblige people to buy their exhaust line with the headers.

2) the twin exhaust lines leading from the reasonators look too low to be benefitting from the front diff support bar/crossmember inverted 'U' cut-outs.

3) And very tongue in cheek - when wishing to sell to Zs with R200s (eg 280Zs ?à, would it be a good idea to lengthen the outlet pipes (or at least offer sais as an export option with lowered exit pipes for the muffler to sit higher) to pass beyond the Federal safety rear bumper ?

ps why don't Fujitsubo offer their headers in at least two primary-pipe diameter sizes ?

5 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

MHO :

1) there is no difference in ground clearance by inversing the initail flange fitting (between header and line). However, it does subtely oblige people to buy their exhaust line with the headers.

2) the twin exhaust lines leading from the reasonators look too low to be benefitting from the front diff support bar/crossmember inverted 'U' cut-outs.

3) And very tongue in cheek - when wishing to sell to Zs with R200s (eg 280Zs ?à, would it be a good idea to lengthen the outlet pipes (or at least offer sais as an export option with lowered exit pipes for the muffler to sit higher) to pass beyond the Federal safety rear bumper ?

ps why don't Fujitsubo offer their headers in at least two primary-pipe diameter sizes ?

I've no idea what a line is?  Fujitsubo provide a Dyno developed system.

22 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

I've no idea what a line is?  Fujitsubo provide a Dyno developed system.

A line is......: an exhaust line.....that which follows from the exhaust manifolds/headers, collector/extractor.

Dyno-developed on what size engine and state of tune ? The stock L20 for which their system is quoted (joke)...c'mon, dyno-developed is sooo vague, you don't blindly accept that on good faith do you ?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

A line is......: an exhaust line.....that which follows from the exhaust manifolds/headers, collector/extractor.

Dyno-developed on what size engine and state of tune ? The stock L20 for which their system is quoted (joke)...c'mon, dyno-developed is sooo vague, you don't blindly accept that on good faith do you ?

I accept it on on the data they produce.

calling it a 'line' makes no sense.