IGNORED

Braided Hose

ahgreen

Greetings,

I'm not much of a mechanic.  But I'm learning and enjoying myself.  Anyway, I'm working on fixing up my 1973 240z.  I want to change out this ratty braided hose in the picture.  It goes from the engine block to the intake manifold right between the carbs.  I cannot find this hose on any parts diagram.  Can somebody send me a link to a supplier?  Or at least tell me what it's called?  This is driving me nuts...  I'd like to replace this ratty old hose with a fancy stainless steel braided hose that looks awesome.  Thanks in advance for the help.  

IMG_2211.jpg

No one makes that hose in stainless steel.

It is a crankcase to Valve cover hose and can be purchased from www.zcardepot.com  as well as other vendors---even Ebay.

https://zcardepot.com/engine/engine-rebuild/crankcase-pcv-vent-hose-oem-70-74.html

While not technically correct for your 73 it will look and work as intended.

That hose should go to the PCV valve on the intake manifold.  The hose from the top of the valve cover connects to the air cleaner.  Search  for 'PCV hose'  From a quick search you may need to make up your own if you want the original style.  E-bay has several listed.

Edited by jwtaylor
add some more information.