IGNORED

510 SU's and engine specs

Patcon

Clever use of a non-Z forum so as not upset anyone. I like it.  

This is a hybrid engine. The bottom end is an LZ 2.4 block, and the head is a warmed up L20B. The carbs are fresh Ztherapy 46mm Z carbs. The engine was built by Rebello.  200HP dyno sheet. 

Only one as of yet not quite solved issue. The dang valve cover currently JUST touches the hood. Some action has already been taken to lower this extra tall bad boy, but I may have to shave a little off the top/front of that valve cover.... No way I want to put a hood scoop on this thing and hint at what lies below. Very interested to experience this sort of 2400 engine.

Many of the interior control items are Z related. Likley the choke cables as well,

That was a fairly early picture. I'll get some fresher ones once it gets back in the shop this weekend.

7 minutes ago, zKars said:

Clever use of a non-Z forum so as not upset anyone. I like it.

Thank you, I thought it accomplished several things at once. Didn't junk up your thread, populated this section of the forum and didn't offend anyone...win,win

So with the larger engine you were able to use the larger SU's? Which head did you use? Rough numbers what does 200HP cost?

So you will try to use a dual cable setup instead of some kind of single cable actuating both?

I purchased the engine for less than the original Rebello cost (second owner) but was still $3500. 

The head is a typical Datsun 2L head with large valves and some kinda nasty cam. Externally oiled. 

Chokes will have to be a dual cable system unless I get inventive. Had to invent many things on this car.

I bought a closed combustion head out of Australia. It needs a little welding due to some minor corrosion but I am saving it for a build like this for Cody's car. Hopefully by the time I get it ready he will be mature enough for some added power. I thought I would build the lower end of a motor then get Rebello or Datsun Spirit to breathe on the head for me. What compression are you running?

How are you handling the AC evaporator and blower?

• 4 years later...

i am in love with the Jenvey’s. Having nicely tuned EFI is a blessing. Touch key, start, drive away. 

Running Haltech 750 for da brain.  I have a local Haltech expert that owns a Z, so we put each other to good use. I am very lucky. 

But still love tuning nice SU’s a stock Z motor. Certainly simpler and infinitely cheaper.