Weber selection and initial jet tuning - Page 10 - Triple Mikuni and Webers - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Weber selection and initial jet tuning

Featured Replies

  • Author

I think F9 is the other fairly common e tube to use it seems. 

  • Author

160 and 230 ordered :) We've come this far.....

F15 is another but it is supposed to be better suited for smaller cylinders.... leaner.  I'm not sure where it is lean.  Going to be a big experiment for the better good of L28 owners.

  • Author

160/230 is in. I'll get some logs today hopefully. 

On 8/21/2017 at 7:29 AM, Patcon said:

When I start tuning some triples I might be able to help lighten your load...

+1 when you are done let us know what extras you have

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Haven't gotten a new log yet because my 2 year old decided to hide my SD card somewhere.  So, had to order a new one. Should have it in a day or two. 

 

 

LOL!  Greatest update on this website in years!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got a new SD card and finally dry weather. Took a log this morning and I'll take another on the way home. Just watching it though, it looks to be pretty lean. So...might be headed back to the 155/225 combo for a baseline before E Tube experimentation. 

Very strange.  I wonder if we are battling manufacturing variance? 

 

Weber used to flow test every jet before stamping with values based on flow measured (not drill bit size). I doubt modern suppliers of jets do this or even change or measure their drill bits often enough.

Edited by 240260280

what about temperature/humidity differences?

  • Author

160/230....

36982419611_c8328d1e32_o.jpg9-8-17 by blodi, on Flickr

 

Go back to 155/225? Or maybe leave the 160 in and go 160/225? 

Very strange.  The middle hump raised.  No flattening occurred,   Try the 165 to add more fuel.

 

Maybe a free-air recalibration is needed too.

 

 

AF 160 230.JPG

160-230 2.JPG

Edited by 240260280

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.