Fuel filler size differences? - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fuel filler size differences?

Featured Replies

 

So I just installed my new fuel filler neck with a genuine Nissan hose. The new one was significantly longer than the old one (3+ inches). The new one fits great, just curious if anyone has run into this before? I'm hoping this will resolve my gas smells as I've already replaced all the vent hoses!

ImageUploadedByClassic Zcar Club1474051435.370443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

 

Edited by Jarvo2

I bet the old one is just shrunk!

  • Author

That's what I was thinking, especially given that this was a Texas car for most of its life. So far so good on the gasoline smell problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

It's nice those are still available.

I ran into a similar thing.  The new gas filler hose I bought for my '70 240Z was too long as well, can't remember how much too long but it made a bit of a forced narrowing closure of the hose to make it fit.   If I look straight down in the hose now it is slightly closed off down towards the tank.  Doesn't hurt anything.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Just a thought; the fuel filler hose is different for the 2+2 models.  I wonder if these are the only hoses still available.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.