IGNORED

reproduction belt moldings

ta240

Anyone have experience with the repro belt moldings (chrome parts at the top of the door with the squeegee).  The NOS ones are around $400 now but I'm wondering if the new ones are any good.

I bought a set for my project a few years ago.  They were a very nice product, excellent finish.  When I went to install them I realized they were straight and did not have the slight curve that my OE's have.  I tried to warp them into the curve as I pressed them onto the door but was afraid that any slip would damage my fresh paint job.  Since I bought them for the replacement squeegee's, I ended up removing the rubber bits and installing them on my OE stainless.  If all you need are the new squeegee's, I think they are now available - not necessarily at BD.  Others on this forum may have that info. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...