IGNORED

Rally anyone?

Mike

G'day everyone

HSOH you mentioned in this thread (albeit back in 2002) that you had MK63 calipers for your Z. I am building a P510 for rally using ex works Southern Cross Rally gear I acquired here in Australia via www.datrats.com.au. FIA head (late model), 50mm Mikunis (magnesium bodied), magnesium airbox, option 2, R200 4 ramp pinion etc.

My problem is I can't source MK63 calipers anywhere?

Any advice?

Thanks

Brad

G'day everyone

HSOH you mentioned in this thread (albeit back in 2002) that you had MK63 calipers for your Z. I am building a P510 for rally using ex works Southern Cross Rally gear I acquired here in Australia via www.datrats.com.au. FIA head (late model), 50mm Mikunis (magnesium bodied), magnesium airbox, option 2, R200 4 ramp pinion etc.

My problem is I can't source MK63 calipers anywhere?

Any advice?

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

I bought some parts from Errol at Datrats a few years back. Very nice guy and very good to deal with.

Sumitomo are still making the vented disc version of the MK63-20S in small batches. I can probably hook you up with a pair.

Can you send me a PM with your direct e-mail address? I'll send you some pics and info.

Cheers,

Alan T.

ive been interested in rally racing for awhile now and it was actually any option and still is for my Z.... I live in Massachusetts and would really love to get into this. I dont know whats around in my area but i know new hampshire seems to be a real race place. I dont really want my Z to be a daily driver, i want it to be something special ( not that its not special being a Z and all). Well some details about my Z is that its a 76 cali 280z. Its in restoration now, doing everything right and restoring it properly, came with new fenders , headlight buckets, headlight covers and so on. I believe it has a new suspension in it, possibly tockico lowering springs cuz it sits lower than most Z's. Ive been into racing stuff for awhile. I have been rippin around on a dirt bikes for the past 10 years, 4 wheeling, snowmobiling ( im just a racing kinda guy =P) Anyways ill stop rambling and ask my questions finaly. What would i need to do to my Z to rally it? where could i rally it? how the hell do i get in to it? thanks!

• 7 years later...

"Did you guys notice how few of our American friends seem to be interested in the Le Mans and Works Rally cars? I have not noticed many posts from them ( despite Mike starting this thread ) and I wonder if thet are tuning in or not? Is anyone out there?! Hope that you are not bored, because we are having a great time with this......Alan T"

I am reading now if it makes you feel better Alan.