IGNORED

Check your T/C rod's nut!

9 hours ago, Chickenman said:

You know, We've all heard stories of how they sometimes ran short of parts on the assembly line. Especially in the early 70's.  I'm wondering if sometimes they just threw on whatever they had in the the parts bin.

I think it was part of the continuous improvement process and cost management.  Two nuts per side are more costly and take longer to install. 

Well there were a lot of differences in Canadian Market cars and USA market cars, mainly through out the Late 70's through mid-80. We got the expected things like bigger heaters and up-rated alternators. But we also got weather sealed electrical connectors on things like Tail Lamps and other exterior lamps before USA market cars. 720 PU trucks got larger U-Joints in the driveshafts. Different wiper blades. And sometimes we got Euro spec engines with more aggressive cam timing, more compression and a more aggressive ignition timing in the Dizzy or ECU. Edit: Oh yeah. And Daylight running lights. We got those at least 10 years ( 1991 ) before they started to appear on USA cars. 

In the 1980's, we ran into a lot of electrical wiring issues with Body Shops who started buy cheap wrecks in the USA then rebuild them. They would bitch and complain about the Dealership sending wrong Tail Lamps.... with electrical connectors that wouldn't fit. Shop would have to buy the Tail Lamps from the USA.

The PU trucks with different U-joints was a weird one. Ran into that with parts I was shipping into Northern British Columbia. Turns out our Nissan Canada Parts Fiche didn't even show the different USA part numbers.. Figured it out by cross referencing a jobber catalog ( Moog ) .

Of course Canadian cars ran into the same problem with things when people traveled to the USA. Became much easier after the early 90's when Nissan started making most of the components to a " Global " standard. But in the early days it kept you on your toes...

Edited by Chickenman
Spelling

Z cars are fetching big $$$ in BC and Alberta right now. Mainly because we have no survivors from our salted winter roads. Buying has slowed down a lot with the exchange rate, but when it was near Par in 2014, I started seeiing Z cars being brought in on Car Transporters fairly often. Mainly from California and Arizona. My 280Z is an Arizona bought car that lived most of it's life in California.

• Like 1