IGNORED

Parts needed for 280Z R200 CV axle swap?

wheee!

I saw where you buy the plates and use cv axles for a 300 turbo. I have a 78 280 AT that I’m converting to manual 5spd. I recently bought the entire drive train from a 83zx. R200 and close ratio transmission. Came with all 3 shafts. I want to remove and refurbish/ upgrade as much as I can without breaking the bank. I plan on doing the work just looking for advice on the best route to go. I hate it when I hear Man you should have done this!! I’ll have it completely apart wan to do brakes & cv conversion all at one time. Looking for as much expertise as possible. Thanks 

I agree, I replaced the joints years ago before I put it in storage. Not sure if I will have to use the shafts from the ZX since I’m replacing the 180 with the R200. Same with the drive shaft, I heard the flange might be different as well. Also I assume on the conversion I saw they used the turbo axle for strength or possibly the length of the shafts.