71 starter solenoid wire ? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

71 starter solenoid wire ?

Featured Replies

Which one of the terminals in the pic is the S terminal or starter activation switch? What are the other terminals also? Is the S terminal the one that is wired to the starter? Thank you.

post-17813-0-17151800-1449858483_thumb.j

That spade terminal is the S terminal where I connect my remote trigger.  The top is the positive.  If I recall correctly.  Battery ground goes to the top bolt holding the starter onto the bellhousing.

 

12796d1417052885-240z-wont-start-fusible

The small flat one is the "activation" wire.  The big one at the top is where the cable from the battery's positive post connects.  Leave the bottom one as it is, it's already connected properly.  It allows power to the starter motor after the solenoid is activated.

 

By "S terminal" do you mean S at the ignition switch?  From the wiring diagram?  I believe that is the correct one.  

  • Author

I'm putting in a Hot Shot Plus unit. It says to disconnect the starter activation wire (on the S terminal) from the starter solenoid. Then it says to crimp on a ring terminal to a purple wire coming from the hot shot unit. Connect that to the terminal I disconnected the starter activation wire from.

I like Terro myself.  http://www.hotshot.com/products-and-solutions/ant-roach-control/hot-shot-ant-killer-plus4.aspx

 

But maybe you mean this - http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcat/30201

 

The small spade terminal on the solenoid would be the correct one then.  You probably want a female spade terminal though, not a ring.  Some cars probably use a ring terminal but ours don't.

 

You know that you can make a remote engine bumper from a two foot piece of wire with two bare ends?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks. I have the Painless like in the pic. It's not that painless for me though. I'm trying to make the engine bay look nice. I need hotshot for mice, also.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.