IGNORED

Overkill for your fairladies...

Keenan

my rb25det was originally an auto as well, you'll need the manual gearbox cover plate (I think that is what it is called) and the manual flywheel (and of corse an R33 / R32 gearbox + clutch kit)

$1500 is about average for one of these engines, see if you can find a dealer / wreaker that sells these as they will throw in a manual gearbox with it, or ask this place if they can supply a manual gearbox.

You are in New Zealand...how prevelat are these Engines in the States? I wonder any of the Japanese importers bring them in? Of course, there would be no class to compete in that you would be competitive, I don't think..although I did have a friend who raced a VW fastback with a 911 Porsch engine in a sports racing class...but it would still be fun on track days and a real sleeper on the stree...definately NOT overkill.

Cheers,

Dave

71 240 project...

From what other US people have said they arn't that common but I have seen some links and email addresses in some posts about these engines for the Us so have a search on RB and see what you can find

just that a manual skyline gearbox will be just as hard to find as a skyline engine and it will cost you more than it could if you can find an importer

Uhh, just thought I'd let you know that the 240 running 8.6's was tubbed, that wasn't runnign just a modded driveline.

Cheers ppl!!!

PS It is pretty frickin awesome though!! Nice to see the orange beast with 2 front wheels 1 Metre off of the ground!!!

Hey Gang,

Intriqued by this engine even though I don't have the $$$ to get and install one but...thoughtI would revisit e-bay. The engine didn't sell the first time, went to $1225 from a starting bid of $1000 so the guy relisted it, starting bid $4000! ROFL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2409038868

On a more realistic note...what about a Toyota Supra twin cam? I know it is not Nissan but niether are Chevy v-8s...just wondering.

Cheers,

Dave

Paradise, CA

71 240 ProjectLOL