IGNORED

Overkill for your fairladies...

Keenan

Ivan, I worded it carefully (reasonable hp) so that no one bites my head off. I know what these engines are capable of as I've seen it first hand. All I wanted to get accross was that this engine is certainly 'no overkill' and that it is a reasonable swap. As for torque, they lack a certain punch in that department. It isn't an 8 after all and you just don't expect that much brute force from them.

yep, the only other thing to add to that is DOHC. mainly used in Skylines

There are a few in this family, RB20 (T or N/A), RB25 (T or N/A), RB26 twin T and RB30 (T or N/A)

These engines are capable (if you have the $ and the insanity) of high hp, I have seen many RB26DETT (out of the Skyline GTR) produce 1000+hp the best I have seen was 1350hp

Thanks. DOHC means CROSSFLOW HEAD!!! And turbo...how hard to adapt a 5 speed in place of the auto in the ad? Nt that I have $1500 for an engne...that is more than my entire budget a the moment but...(drooling on the keyboard) turbocharged, DOHC, crossflow head...definately MORE Power. Definately sunds like a great transplant in a Z.

Cheers,

Dave