IGNORED

73 240z help starting

Alan2fast

Bought this 73 240z year ago that had a 350 swap attempt. Also came with original motor and trans took it apart and cleaned it up and replaced ever thon with new parts new electric fuel pump new mechanical fuel pump new spark plugs and wires all new filters complete carburetor rebuild by pal tech but the car won't start there is fuel to the carburetors there's spark to the plugs I just don't know what to do anymore any help is appreciated?

I should have said "TDC on the compression stroke". If the distributor is pointing at #1 at TDC on the compression stroke, the distributor cannot be 180 out.

(Sorry about the scattered info. I should have posted this all together.)

Do you have the stock points or an electronic ignition?

If stock, did you set the points? Are the points new?

Have you compared how your distributor looks at TDC with pictures from this site? I'm sure Blue has posted some.

How did you verify spark?

How about posting pictures of

1. your coil & ballast resistor

2. your distributor with cap and rotor removed

3. your cap inside & out (wires off)

4. your rotor.

Not sure what you mean by stock points the distributor is new and also new cap and yes i have compared to the site pictures all look the same and for the spark unpluged spark plug wire to some thing metal i will get pictures off those things also the coil and ballast are new

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I should have said "TDC on the compression stroke". If the distributor is pointing at #1 at TDC on the compression stroke, the distributor cannot be 180 out.

(Sorry about the scattered info. I should have posted this all together.)

Do you have the stock points or an electronic ignition?

If stock, did you set the points? Are the points new?

Have you compared how your distributor looks at TDC with pictures from this site? I'm sure Blue has posted some.

How did you verify spark?

How about posting pictures of

1. your coil & ballast resistor

2. your distributor with cap and rotor removed

3. your cap inside & out (wires off)

4. your rotor.

4e328d6e46596b32df3dc5ec2e61aad4.jpg

a5de56cdab264470c5afaa2509a2bb3d.jpg

e95ee733e9913b3b10ad0ee2908f5651.jpg

461a1ec9d78e64d57522e67d85fba2b1.jpg

375a5c3dd97f2a589972b222f4705997.jpg

d0d98010db6105d7351ec70d857d81de.jpg

09f10ee2cd34f3527c4a93eda0c180fa.jpg

Not sure what you mean by stock points the distributor is new and also new cap and yes i have compared to the site pictures all look the same and for the spark unpluged spark plug wire to some thing metal i will get pictures off those things also the coil and ballast are new

Many people have converted their distributors to electronic ignitions or Pertronix igniters.

You have stock-style points. Check the gap per page EE-28 of the 1973 FSM.

I also believe that your coil is wired backwards. The positive terminal should have the black with white stripe wire (and the condenser). The negative side should have a ground wire that goes to the distributor. That shouldn't keep your car from running, but it will weaken the spark.

You have the dual points distributor, which is from a automatic transmission model. Not a problem, but you need to make sure you have a condensor connected to the set of points you will use. I only can see one condensor in the photo.

I suspect the black/white wire is for the oil pressure sending unit.