Door bumper plug - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door bumper plug

Featured Replies

Can anyone tell me how to get this new passenger side door bumper plug?

  • Author

post-22364-0-11658600-1439170689_thumb.j

 

I am trying to replace the small rubber door plug. I have a attached a photo. I tried a little silicone spray and 20W oil without any success.
 
 

Those plugs are a PITA to get in.  I tore a few of them trying different methods only to have them break and fall out again.

 

The best way that I found is to use some sort of lubricant (silicone should be OK) and then use something like a chopstick to try and work it in.  I actually use orangewood sticks that I got from my wife.  She uses them for doing nails and they are great for chores like this as well as cleaning.  They are very soft so they will not damage your paint either and they are also tapered at then ends so helpful in this type of job.  You can get a bag of 100 orangewood sticks at normal beauty supply places for a couple of dollars.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Mike.

  • Author

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try. Rob

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I popped mine in with a small flathead screwdriver.  In a not too rough fashion, I stuffed in one side of the base fitting and then worked around till it all went in.  Should only take a second.  Just be careful not to push in so much as to slice the stem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.