IGNORED

Finally replica door panels for 77-78 z's

hr369

On August 7, 2015 at 10:27 AM, EuroDat said:

They look nice and $400 is a good price. Bets earching for good 40 year sets or trying to recover them. I agree, he will probably bump the price since the first set went so quick.

Already has - look at completed items.

4 minutes ago, NVZEE said:

Already has - look at completed items.

There are other auctions too. This is for 77-78 but I think i saw another auction for reproduction 74-76.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-280Z-1977-1978-Door-Card-Panel-Set-Black-Pair-Panels-NEW-584-/221978752221?fits=Make%3ADatsun&hash=item33aef6f4dd:g:VzYAAOSw9r1V91dR&vxp=mtr

• 3 weeks later...

A power window knockout in a  S30 door panel that fits 9/74 - 7/76.  Power windows were available before the S31? Or possibly

someone thought ahead and they put this knockout in the tooling for all door panels

These door panels have a nissan dealer date of 1993 on them.  Kanji is name Miya for you archeology buffs.

When i first started this thread i should have said  guy in canada is having these made or has a source.

I've talked to people that are selling repro's and they say they're foreign made. They won't say where though.

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

Edited by hr369

I'm actually not 100% sure if it's a power window or power mirror button. The later S30z's in Japan had fender mirrors with electric motors so you could adjust their position in the cabin, but I don't actually know where the adjustment switch was located. It could have been the door trims!

9 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

I'm actually not 100% sure if it's a power window or power mirror button. The later S30z's in Japan had fender mirrors with electric motors so you could adjust their position in the cabin, but I don't actually know where the adjustment switch was located. It could have been the door trims!

Wasn't the electric fender mirror an option on the S31 ? 

Don't these look like power window controls?

crap, now im wanting this power window setup for my car.

Power mirror controls were under the speedo

power-window-fairlady.jpg

s31z.jpg

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1

Couldn't you take the lock rods and other parts from the later 280 and change your doors over to fit the 77-78 panels?

On 1/21/2016 at 7:18 PM, Gav240z said:

The OEM ones are ever so slightly different, on the rear is a plastic ring where the top of the pull handle goes. There is also some cutouts in the trim to install power windows. I think some S31's in Japan had electric windows or the option but haven't confirmed this yet! Otherwise the trims are very very good reproductions. In fact excellent!

The ones in demand/shortage in Oz are the earlier 260z door panels, because the lock position is 15 cm from the rear of the trim. The later 280z style ones have the lock position 25 cm from the rear.

Since the 260z 2 seater's were made in such small numbers (RHD especially) it's really hard to find 74/75 260z door trims with the earlier lock position.

5 cm from the rear.

Just saw those photos you added to the thread, that is definitely a later S31 because the Niles style clock came with later S31's. As a side note I'm told those clocks are not that great compared with the earlier "CITIZEN" version. I've never seen the power mirror set up, very cool.

I just sent you a PM, but for the benefit of everyone else potentially researching this in future, it appears that the clip positioning of the earlier trims vs the later ones is different. It's not just the lock hole. This appears to be where the reproduction ones (earlier style) have failed us. Hence my question to see what others experience was / is with reproduction items.

I believe the later style ones (reproductions) should be fine, but the earlier style ones designed to suit a 260z may not be. At least that's my experience so far..I posted some pictures from the AU market microfiche showing the different part no.s and what years they are applicable to. 

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13762-260z-door-cards-for-early-260zs/?p=173019

1 hour ago, Gav240z said:

Just saw those photos you added to the thread, that is definitely a later S31 because the Niles style clock came with later S31's. As a side note I'm told those clocks are not that great compared with the earlier "CITIZEN" version. I've never seen the power mirror set up, very cool.

I

For the record, my personal experience with the niles clock is good. I've had about 8 of them over the years. All worked right out of the  box and keep excellent time. They don't seem to suffer from the old capacitor problem that the citizen have. I've got 2 of those on my desk that need new caps. The clock face on the niles doesn't seem to degrade over time like the citizen's white lettering. The niles always looked like brand new afterpainting the second hand orange. That does seem to fade on both clocks.

Plus, i think the niles are a better looking clock.

IMG_2408.JPG

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...