borini63

Kenmeri coming to USA very soon.

Thank You for the comment hr3969...it will be in a container and I have an idea about making sure everything is there before the release.....

I went with 280ZX cross member and all the related parts and I think he got rid of all the 240K parts but I am sure ther are somwhere in the shop....

That 70 Z in the back round they will start the resto when my car leavs there garage......as you can see the shop is packed!!

They wilded the firewall from the right side and made factory like holes for the wiring,A/C lines,steering wheel column etc etc......I think used most of the parts to do the swap......even when they cut the plate for the steering wheel column.....

here is a very short video just to give an idea.......My friend will send more pictures before shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au2aOepq3wE

Edited by borini63
  • Like 1

Thanks 240K Style...they did a good job on the interior.....

Here is another short video...coming out from the body shop and it's going to the exhaust shop for new complete exhaust system.Runs and drive by it own power....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFKswjrlOrM

Edited by borini63

On 8/7/2015 at 10:54 PM, borini63 said:

II will try to convince my friend to pack the car with parts when it gets here!!

I don't think the shipper will allow that because of theft issues. My shipper clearly stated that the car needed to be 1/4 tank gas and nothing inside the car or trunk.

I hid parts and tools in the hidden compartments behind the seats in my 280z when i shipped mine.

However your shipper may be different. Only way of knowing is visiting their website to look at the signed agreements you fill out before shipping.

I agree....My friend decided to ship all the parts and put nothing in the car.

It's done and ready to come over....

Edited by borini63
  • Like 3

Thank You....looks naked without all the emblems and the all accessories ......I will update with pictures when she gets here in the States....

Many thanks to my Friend Sultan (kenmeri77) for making this project happened and own my dream car.

Edited by borini63
  • Like 1

Even without all of the badges, I think it looks nicer than either of my Z cars, and you'll get to drive around in something unique, yet familiar. That's a double-win in my book.

Those wheels really look bad. They need something. Maybe a polish?    The rest of the car looks awesome. That red looks much much better outside the shop.

Is the guy in oz that sold it interested in seeing how it turned out?

Thanks hr369...I agree that the wheels are ugly and also I don't like the height or how the car sets ...when the car gets here there will be a new set of Wheels, Tires  with some other new parts! Good plans  for the 240K GT

I am not sure about the original owner if he know about it or not.......but I hope he sees it !!;);)

Finally.....she is in it's way.....they just picked it her up by the shipping company and it will go inside a container and it will head to Long Beach California.

Some pro Pictures before coming to the USA....I know the wheels are ugly and she is naked.... but all that will be taken care of when she gets here.....

• Like 2

No Need to smog it.....she is 25 years or older exempt. Even if that I just get a classic insurance and registration.

I moved from az in 2006 and it looks like they changed the law in 2007.  So the rules are you have to have collector car insurance and drive it less than

what, 10k miles a year?   Are there any other restrictions with that insurance?

I wish they would have had that when i was there. I imported (bought on ebay) a calif z car that had been labeled a gross polluter and was

really worried that the engine wouldn't pass az inspection i.e. engine rebuild. Fixed a few minor things and i was shocked how clean it ran.

Yes you are right....also you have to have a closed garage and another daily drive to do that.

On 3/9/2016 at 3:12 PM, borini63 said:

Yes you are right....also you have to have a closed garage and another daily drive to do that.

I want to thank you for reminding me about classic car insurance. I checked with haggerty and their liability coverage is way higher than what i've got with allstate and

its a bit cheaper too. What insurance company are you using?