IGNORED

1/70 240z being parted out in japan

hr369

Is 1/70  mfg date.  probably car #11854?  He blocked off the first 2 digits.

I wonder what the thinking behind this car was. Its an oregon car that they imported into japan and they are now parting it.

It looks salvagable. Just new floor pans. What a shame. Their starting price on parts is very cheap. Can't see him making

much money parting it out.

One scenario that comes to mind is seller advertising "rust free series 1 240z"  buyer picks it up at the docks and takes one look at all the

rust and is furious.

someone in oregon now has a fat wallet and a smile on his face? neener neener... can't catch me.

post-23403-0-49411400-1432683591_thumb.j

post-23403-0-08133200-1432683604_thumb.j

post-23403-0-02018000-1432683616_thumb.j

post-23403-0-42252400-1432683628_thumb.j

Edited by hr369

Just looking through some of the old Z registries, I would say that is #00854 by the build date. That is probably why they imported it. That's a car I would try to save if possible and it were mine...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's being parted out, it's listed at $15K AUD for the complete car. As we now early cars have appeal and I doubt it's going to get broken up.

*edit link to auction.

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u78513713

"If it has not been this successful bid, we will exhibit in June as part by dismantling."

and... nobody bid on it... so.... apart it goes

I've counted the skeletons (LHD dashboards) of a few usdm s30's under this guys id.

You guys in oz really follow these auctions alot don't you?  I saw a link on an s30 oz board that was  to an auction that i had won on yahoo japan.

He said that that rally clock without oscillator should go for 400 aud.  Was that you?

patcon is right. This is #854

Edited by hr369

"If it has not been this successful bid, we will exhibit in June as part by dismantling."

and... nobody bid on it... so.... apart it goes

I've counted the skeletons (LHD dashboards) of a few usdm s30's under this guys id.

You guys in oz really follow these auctions alot don't you?  I saw a link on an s30 oz board that was  to an auction that i had won on yahoo japan.

He said that that rally clock without oscillator should go for 400 aud.  Was that you?

patcon is right. This is #854

Yep that's me, I had seen a rally clock go for that much without oscillator before so I was surprised it went that cheap. However I hope you can find an oscillator because they are basically a paper weight without it.

I've got 2 Rally Clocks but they cost me a fortune to refurbish. Luckily the auctions I won both had oscillators attached.

I wouldn't say it's all the people in Oz, just me who's obsessed. haha.

Yep that's me, I had seen a rally clock go for that much without oscillator before so I was surprised it went that cheap. However I hope you can find an oscillator because they are basically a paper weight without it.

I've got 2 Rally Clocks but they cost me a fortune to refurbish. Luckily the auctions I won both had oscillators attached.

I wouldn't say it's all the people in Oz, just me who's obsessed. haha.

I have a project in mind for that cheap rally clock. Take a look at my post on the end of this zombie thread.

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/23919-a-good-screw-just-isnt-enough-it-must-oscillate/page-3

Edited by hr369

that car looks like it spent its life in japan not oregon. lots of series 1 parts for sale though.  the front end looks like it came from another car. 

edit:  looks like almost every part is on yahoo and priced at 1000 円

he puts LA chop shops to shame

yummy... series 1 console cheap http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n145000623

Edited by hr369

That's too bad. I hate to see that. Cars like that are quickly becoming worth saving especially with the recent rise in prices.

Agree it's a shame, but that car will go toward saving many early S30z's in Japan. Early S30z's in Japan are very very rare now. I see a lot more later S31's (often back-dated to look earlier).

Cars with the vents in the hatch are extremely rare and look to be very sought after. These parts will likely find a home in a car being restored. The only real positive outcome.

If it makes you feel any better HS30-00982 was recently found in original(ish) shape and is in good hands now.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,16103.msg170257

It's extremely rare for the AU market to have white exterior / blue interior combo.

So take the good with the bad...