IGNORED

exhausts - 240 vs 260

Gee

Not worried about the headers, more concerned that the piper work behind will line up with the brackets under the car. I'm hoping to buy the full system off a guy who is doing a v8 conversion..

The only thing I could think of is if your 260 has a rear anti-sway bar and the 240 didn't. Reason being in my 240 I had a custom 2.5" exhaust made. At the time I didn't have the sway bar. A few months later I added the sway bar and it rubbed against the exhaust. Nothing a BFH couldn't fix.

Question is Ivan, did your 240's have the front mounted bar vs. the rear mount bar? Or were all the 240's and 260's the same over there.... We had two different mounting positions for the rear sway bar, one in front of the axl, with the mounts on the rear of the floor pan, and one that mounted behind the diff. That would be the only difference I could think of....